Are you looking for a super easy-to-make and even more fun-to-eat Halloween dinner? These Mummy dogs will be the hit of the party! Nothing screams fun quite like Mummy Hot Dogs. Serve these fun little vittles’ and create spooky and even scary mummy hot dogs for your guests to enjoy.
These Mummy dogs are almost too cute to eat! What makes these great is that they are kid-friendly to make. Let them help you wrap the hot dogs and put their eyes on. They’ll love it!
Let’s go baking.
For Mummy Dogs
1 puff pastry sheet (320 grams)
8 pieces hot dog or sausage of your choice
2 tablespoons cream cheese
Black olives (cut into circles with straw)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray & set it aside.
2. Open the puff pastry dough & separate the dough into strips. Lay one piece of dough on a cutting board and, using a pizza cutter, cut it into ¼ inch long strips.
3. Wrap each hot dog creating a bandage look leaving gaps and overlapping the dough. Create a crisscross pattern until the entire hot dog or sausage is wrapped, leaving at least ½ inch uncovered for the face.
4. Whisk the egg and lightly brush it over the dough.
5. Place each mummy dog and arrange it on a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake until the dough is golden and cooked through and the sausage /hot dogs are hot for 15-20 minutes.
7. Add eyes. Put the cream cheese in a small baggie and cut the corner off, then pipe the cream cheese on. Plop in an olive pupil (use a toothpick to position it) and Voilà they’re ready!
8. Prepare your dipping sauces in small bowls and dip the mummy hot dogs into it!
This dinner meal is so fun for Halloween that kids will approve! They’re easy, quick, and fun finger food for young and old alike. You will have to make sure you make enough because these will go fast! But because they were so easy, you can always whip up more in a breeze.