Perfectly oven roasted pumpkin: an easy, versatile recipe for roasting pumpkin, you can enjoy the spicy pumpkin wedges with yogurt dip or as a side dish.
What does pumpkin taste like?
1. Roasting makes it even more delectable by bringing out more of its sweetness and flavor.
2. Roasting a fresh pumpkin is probably the nicest thing you can do to it because it accentuates the tastes and gives it a silky, creamy consistency that you won't get if you just cook it on the stove.
3. The spicy wedges in this recipe is a complete meal in and of itself; the pumpkin is already spiced, and it's meant to be served as a light entrée or side dish.
4. However, if you want to learn how to roast a pumpkin for other uses, check out this blog post on How to Roast a Pumpkin. You might use it to make savory foods as well as desserts like pie, muffins, and cheesecake.
- Roasted pumpkin:
- 27 oz pumpkin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Yogurt tahini dip:
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon za’atar
- 1 garlic clove
- lemon juice to taste
- fine sea salt
How to make?
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut pumpkin: Wash and dry the Hokkaido pumpkin; it does not need to be peeled. If you're using butternut squash or another type of pumpkin, you'll need to peel it first. Take out the seeds. Slice the pumpkin into 1.5 cm/0.6 inch thick wedges. If you're baking them right away, put them in a bowl or a casserole dish.
- Spice mixture: Combine the spices and the coarsely chopped garlic in a small bowl. Stir in the olive oil until it is evenly distributed. If you like, you can add more olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Marinate: Pour the spice mixture over the pumpkin wedges and rub them in well with your hands to ensure that they are evenly coated. Allow to marinade for a few hours or roast right away.
- Roast: 25-30 minutes, or until the wedges are to your liking delicate. You should start checking after around 20 minutes.
- Yogurt tahini dip: Toss together Greek yogurt, tahini, za'atar, grated garlic clove, and season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with yogurt tahini dip or as a side dish.