There is something about the idea of having a piece of toast topped with a mountain of ingredients that makes it irresistible. We all know that Avo-on-toast made its way to the top 3 breakfast choices around the world, but I'm here to tell you that this is not the only best thing to have on toast. Mushrooms in their versatility make a fantastic addition to top your toast with. Here is a super easy recipe for you to try when you are feeling like unintentionally eating a healthy meal.
- 1 package Wild mushrooms cut into thick slices (you can mix multiple types like Button mushroom, and shiitake or portobello)
- 2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 leaves Kale or Kale micro-greens
- Chile flakes
- 1 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Country-style bread
- heat olive oil in a pan, add mushroom and garlic and saute until mushrooms becomes golden brown.
- Add torn Kale leaves or micro-greens, and chili flakes. Cook, and toss until kale is wilted.
- Season with vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Season ricotta with salt and pepper and spread it onto toasted county style bread; spoon the mushroom mixture on top.
- Chili flakes can be subbed for fresh Chili if you like a more spicy flavor.
- You can use white vinegar in place of balsamic vinegar.
- you can saute the mushrooms in butter if the taste is preferable.
Let us know what you think of this recipe!