Brussels sprouts - one of the most polarising vegetables of all time, and (unfairly some might say) often neglected for 364 days of the year, only to be served at Christmas. Because they only get one shot a year at wooing new fans, we've found the perfect recipe for delicious roasted garlic brussels sprouts that will have even the most hardcore haters helping themselves to a second spoonful!
Shopping List (serves 4-6)
- 500g brussels sprouts
- Approx 5 tablespoons of your favorite olive oil, to coat bottom of pan
- 5 peeled cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Stock up on your brussels sprouts on farmbox today so you're ready for the Christmas rush!
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Trim bottom of your brussels sprouts, and slice each in half top to bottom.
- Heat the olive oil in cast-iron pan over medium-high heat; then place the brussels sprouts in one layer in the pan.
- Add the garlic gloves (do not chop) and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Don't stir or toss the spouts, cook the sprouts until they begin to brown on the bottom, and then transfer to oven.
- Roast the brussel sprouts in the oven until they are golden brown and tender, about 10 to 20 minutes. Shake the pan every five minutes to ensure they are roasted evenly.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar, and serve hot or warm.
Voila! Your legendary brussel spouts will pair perfectly with roast Turkey or lamb, potatoes and gravy!