Zucchini noodles, or zoodles, are high in nutrients and an excellent dish to prepare a nutritious plate of all-vegetable noodles. With only 5 ingredients, this recipe is simple to make, and the outcome is gluten-free for people who follow particular dietary restrictions.
With its soft flesh, mild and faintly sweet flavour, zucchini is a wonderfully versatile ingredient that not only tastes wonderful but also has a lot of nutritious value. The dark green skin of the zucchini is quite thin and helps it keep its form, so there's no need of peeling it before cooking.
How to choose Zucchini the right way?
Check if the flesh is firm and the surface is free of severe flaws such as huge indents.
Choose large-sized zucchini for maximum yield, but not too much flesh. Because zucchini has a high moisture content, oversized zucchini has a lot of flesh and can turn soggy after cooking when not attached to the skin. This is more of a concern when it comes from a homegrown zucchini.
- 2 medium-sized Zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt for flavouring (optional)
- Black pepper for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon pesto sauce
- Clean the zucchini and trim the ends.
- Place the zucchini in the spiralizer, either handheld or countertop. On the device, select the cut size and then cut the noodles.
- In a large sauté pan or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is heated, add 1 teaspoon garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft and al dente.
- Season the noodles with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle pesto on top and mix.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and parsley on top of the zucchini noodles and serve hot!
You can enjoy your zucchini noodles with grilled chicken or shrimp skewers (optional).
Order your ingredients and fresh organic vegetables online from Farmbox and get them delivered to your doorstep hassle-free!