This healthy salad that is fulfilling and delicious is a perfect meal during summer. The finished result creates a colorful canvas that satisfies both your eyes and your tummy.
Chef Mohammad Al Banna invited us to prepare this delicious salad at health road kitchen. He made sure to choose a dish that can be prepared ahead of time. Once you are ready to eat it, you mix the ingredients together to make up this lovely meal. Best of all, it is easily packed to go.
Chicken Mango Salad
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 head romaine lettuce or mixed greens, chopped
- 1 bunch baby spinach
- 1 Mango, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch parsley or cilantro, chopped
Honey Lemon Dressing:
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 3 Tbs honey
- ⅓ Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Place the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix together, place the chicken breasts in the bowl and coat evenly in the marinade. Cover and leave for 30 min.
- Saute the chicken in 2 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through (3 min per side). Remove from pan, cool for 5 minutes then slice into strips.
- On the plate, add chopped romaine. Top with halved cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, diced mango, thinly sliced purple onion, & cilantro.
- Combine the Honey Lemon Dressing Ingredients in a mason jar, cover tightly with lid and shake together until well combined. You can also mix it up in a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Pour as desired.
- Garnish with black and white sesame seed or Chia seeds.